Clean Energy Business Council October 26th, 2016 Policy Summit Presentations
- JR Tolbert, Vice-President of State Policy for Advanced Energy Economy (AEE) discussed how states have positioned themselves to increase corporate access to advanced energy and the top six policies they are using to attract and grow their economies.
- Stanley Rasmussen, Director, Regional Environmental and Energy Office, Central, Fort Leavenworth shared renewable energy success stories from the US Army and addressed policy barriers in Kansas.
- Annie Gilleo, State Policy Manager for American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy (ACEEE) shared insights into Missouri’s success on the annual State Efficiency Scorecard, and explored opportunities for Kansas to improve their standing, currently 48th in the Nation for Energy Efficiency.
- Brian Bowen, Regulatory Affairs Manager for FirstFuel Software discussed opportunities to expand energy efficiency throughout Kansas and the role that data-driven technology can play.
- Karl Pierce, Director Project Development for First Solar shared opportunities and barriers for advancing utility scale solar Power.
- Karlis Povisils, Vice President of Development for Apex shared an industry perspective on advanced energy.
- Todd Foley, Senior Vice President of Policy & Government Affairs for the American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE) presented their recent white paper outlining the feasibility and economic impacts of achieving 50% renewable energy for Kansas.